Pages

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Day 6: The Lord is My Shepherd

Art by www.wallandheart.com

The LORD is my Shepherd.
Psalm 23:1 


... and I am a sheep. 

By this I mean that I am weak, vulnerable, foolish and helpless. 

But incredibly the LORD responds to my sheepishness, not with anger or with disappointment, but by being an incredible shepherd.


I am selfish, but he lays down his life for mine.
I am confused and foolish; I don't know where I am or who I am, but I am thoroughly known.
I am helpless and exposed, but he brings me in to his fold.
I am fearful, but he speaks comfort to me.
I am wayward and get lost, but he comes after me and does not give up until he's brought me home.
I despair at my sin and wonder how I could ever return, but He rejoices to find me.
I can't make my own way back, but he does all that is needed- he carries me himself- so that I might be brought home! The thought of my being home gives him joy on the journey.
I am weary, but he gathers me in his arms.
I don't know where to go, but he leads me in paths of righteousness.
I am surrounded by enemies, but he makes me a feast in their presence, 
I have let him down, but he restores me.
I'm afraid, but he comforts me.
I feel alone, but he is with me.
I chose emptiness, but he fills me to overflowing.
In my weakness, he is strong; in my vulnerability he is tender. 
In my foolishness he is wise; in my helplessness he is my refuge. 


The LORD is my shepherd, I have everything I need.


"Surely, goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD, forever." 
Psalm 23:6 


(Based on: Psalm 23, Psalm 100, Isaiah 40, Luke 15, John 10, Colossians 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs