Pages

Saturday, 10 June 2017

Day 10: The Lord is My Portion

Art by www.wallandheart.com
The Lord is my portion.
Lamentations 3:24 


Today's earth-shattering words are the crowning evidence of God's love to us in the gospel. 

They are a five-word reminder that the gospel is not about God getting us in to heaven, but about God giving himself to us for our everlasting satisfaction and joy.

I really need the Spirit to help me grasp the depths of this one; it will probably take an eternity! 

But in the gospel, the LORD has given us himself! Himself! His universe creating, depth-plumbing, mercy-showering, eternally-loving self!

Not only does God say, "you belong to me," but in his staggering generosity he says, "and I belong to you."

So whatever else our life-portion may be- be it depression, or other health problems, or singleness, or unemployment, or poverty, or war, or death- wherever the boundary lines fall for us, God has also said- I am your portion, I am your lot, I am your destiny; I have not withheld myself, I am your God, I am your refuge, I can be known by you. I am your everlasting joy.

I am my Beloved's and He is mine: His banner over me is love. 
Song of Solomon 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs