Pages

Sunday, 17 January 2016

Hope on Hopeless Mornings


This morning I am tired. I am fed-up. I am aware of my sinfulness, my sadness, my slovenliness and my other weaknesses that do not alliterate. I am guilt-ridden, and helpless, and hopeless.

But the good news is, the LORD, according to the Psalms, is something very different.

According to the Psalms, the LORD is...

a shield about me.
my glory.
the lifter of my head.
a stronghold for the oppressed.
a stronghold in times of trouble.
king forever and ever.
in his holy temple.
my chosen portion.
my cup.
my strength.
my rock.
my fortress.
my deliverer.
my God.
my rock in whom I take refuge.
my shield.
the horn of my salvation.
my stronghold.
worthy to be praised.
my shepherd.
my light.
my salvation.
the stronghold of my life.
my shield.
the strength of his people.
the saving refuge of his anointed.
near to the broken hearted.
robed in majesty.
great in Zion.
exalted over all the peoples.
God.
enthroned forever.
remembered throughout all generations.
high above all nations.
good.
on my side as my helper.
my song.
my portion.
my keeper.
my shade.
righteous.
my refuge.
my portion in the land of the living.
gracious.
merciful.
slow to anger.
abounding in steadfast love.
good to all.
righteous in all his ways.
kind in all his works.
near to all who call on him.


"Blessed is he whose hope is in the LORD his God." Psalm 147:5 

In the words of Louie Giglio, "I am not, but I know I AM."

So that's a relief. 

1 comment:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs